Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas

Christmas is only 10 days away. Every year around Thanksgiving I start thinking, It would probably be a good idea to start looking for Christmas gifts... and here it is, 10 days till Christmas, and I do not have anything on my "to get" list marked off. Oh well, I always have them all wrapped and under the tree on Christmas morning (even if I am hitch-hiking home on Christmas eve and am up till 3am.. wrapping).
I also do not know why, but every year, my little brothers get up at 6:30 a.m. and jump on my bed until I wake up (which hurts because my oldest little brother weighs as much as I do!). They usually have me drug out of bed by 7 (crawling and bleeding).
Speaking of traditions....EVERY YEAR Dad climbs up on the roof over our rooms at about 10 p.m. on Christmas Eve and stomps and shakes a jingle bell wreath to make us think he is Santa. Every year I forget, and he scares me to half to death!!! Usually, after I recover, I am thinking, Goodness! We all know there is no such thing as Santa...you can get off the roof now! It is funny, though, because we usually have a hard time getting Ben to bed. Just as he starts to drift off to sleep, good ole Dad starts stomping on the roof. It would not be Christmas with out the frightening stomping, though.
Well, I will stop talking because I'm sure all of you people have better things to do. I hope you all have better luck shopping than I! =)

No comments:

Hi there!

Welcome to my blog.....