Monday, November 2, 2009

Ben

I wrote this paper for an English comp class I'm taking...

Ben: Creativity

(sorry! for some reason I can't indent the paragraphs, so it is hard to read.)

It is hard to have a boring school day with my eight year old brother, Ben. He is always thinking of some new and exciting thing he wants to do or be. Just yesterday, he decided he was going to be a bird watcher. He searched through musty boxes until he found our dad’s old binoculars. He then immediately got to work raising his blinds so he could, “study the birds”. Knowing Ben, this phase will not last long, and tomorrow he will be a survivor man, brain surgeon, or famous singer.
No matter what he is doing, Ben always uses his imagination to make life exciting. If he is practicing his piano, he pretends to be playing in Carnage Hall. If he is cleaning up Legos, he turns into an uncontrollable tornado and destroys his creations before putting the pieces away. If he is sent outside to play by himself, he pretends he is a lost child who must find his way home before supper.
Ben is also very creative about showing how much he loves us. Last Valentine’s Day, he gave me a red dog he made out of paper hearts. It was very cute considering he glued most of the hearts on crooked. In his spare time, he loves to “invent” things for us. Last week he had us running all over the house trying to find the items he needed to create a special machine he had pictured in his head. My favorite thing about Ben is how he can come up with ways to make me smile when I am sad.
I believe many people are drawn to Ben because of his creative attributes and boundless imagination. He makes friends with everyone he talks to no matter how old or young they are. Sometimes he can be annoying, but he mostly just keeps us laughing. I am grateful God has blessed me with such a creative little brother.

1 comment:

Lauren E. said...

Wow! What praise for a sister to give. :-) I am sure he really appreciated the post. Younger brothers are definitely creative and have quite the imagination.

Hi there!

Welcome to my blog.....